Teacherlock II (TL-II)
TeacherLock classroom door lock is a school safety product that was created by educators for educators. TeacherLock has introduced a sister product to the original TeacherLock Door Lock (TL-I), for those states that require a single operation to unlock and open the door in a fire emergency. Like the original TL-I, TL-II easy to use, fast and affordable.
FEATURES OF TEACHERLOCK™ II CLASSROOM DOOR LOCK
- Code Compliant in all 50 states
- Certified to UL10B, UL10C, NFPA252, CAN/ULC S104
- ADA Compliant
- Single Operation to unlock and open the door
- No pinching, twisting, or grasping for egress.
- Egress is accessible and intuitive and does not require any special knowledge or training
- Only those individuals who are authorized can lock the door from the inside
- The door can be unlocked from the outside using a special key
Fast and Effective Deployment
- The TL-II deploys a durable bolting mechanism within seconds under duress using an easy to orient activator without having to bend over or kneel to floor level
Accessible from the outside for emergency personnel
Easy to Install
- Instructions provided are simple and installation takes less than 5 minutes per lock
- Installed with the use of simple tools and a cordless drill
- TL-II is a fraction of the cost for a new door lockset
Made in the USA
How Our TeacherLock Works
TeacherLock II classroom door locks are compliant* in all 50 states and certified to UL10B, UL10C, NFPA252, CAN/ULC S104. They are also compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act regulations.
*Interpretation of building and fire code varies widely and is subject to the Authority Having Jurisdiction.
Just like the original TeacherLock, the TL-II door locks give control to the person responsible for the classroom: the teacher. The unique activator, designed to fit on a lanyard, can only be accessed and used by the designated person in charge. Many alternative door barricades can be accessed and used by anyone, creating a dangerous situation for students.
Locking the Door QUICKLY With TeacherLock™
FAST AND EFFECTIVE DEPLOYMENT
TL-II, just like TL-1, is deployed using one hand, in a matter of seconds using and easy to orientate activator. In addition, because this lockdown door lock is strategically installed near the door handle, there is no need to bend or kneel to the floor to activate. This allows the teacher to maintain a clear vision of the situation. These fast and effective components of TeacherLock door barricade allow a user to respond in an instant, without having to think.
ACCESSIBLE FROM THE OUTSIDE FOR EMERGENCY PERSONNEL
Both TeacherLock products can be opened by responsible parties from the outside by use of an additional uniquely designed key.
How to Install TeacherLock™ Classroom Door Lock
EASY TO INSTALL ON ALL DOORS
TeacherLock door locks are installed using basic tools and easy to follow instructions. Not only are step by step instructions included with the products, an installation video is available to view as well.
What makes this lockdown door lock even more appealing is that it can be installed on ANY door: wood or metal, inward or outward, right- or left- hand opening doors. A true classroom door locking solution for ALL doors.
TeacherLock door barricades are an affordable option for all school districts.