SAFEBOLT™ Barricade Lock was designed with simple, fast, and effective classroom safety in mind. With one simple push of the red button, teachers are assured that their door is properly secured. This one-step approach allows the teacher to instantly focus on sheltering or evacuating students.
FEATURES OF SAFEBOLT™ BARRICADE LOCK
- Code Compliant
- Meets all life safety and ADA codes
- Instant Keyless Lockdown
- Press the red button to deploy bolt in less than a second
- Installs over Existing Cylindrical Lever Lock
- Mounts directly over existing cylindrical lever locksets
- Outside Keyed Entry
- Staff and first responders always have keyed access via standard or high security rim cylinder (not included)
- Superior Intruder Protection
- Features a 1-inch heavy stainless-steel locking bolt
- Free Egress
- A single motion turn of the door handle always retracts the bolt and latch from the inside
- High Visibility Deployment Indicator
- Notifies occupants that the door is bolted
- Easy to Install
- Metal installation template provides accurate and efficient installation
SAFEBOLT™ How It Works
SAFEBOLT™ classroom door locks are compliant with the International Building Code, the National Fire Protection Association 101 provisions on safety, and American with Disabilities Act regulations.
INSTANT KEYLESS LOCKDOWN
Using SAFEBOLT™, classrooms and offices can be secured in an instant with the push of the red button. The 1-inch bolt is released in less than one second without using a device that must be lifted or inserted into place. The person closest to the door is now capable of enacting a lockdown. This allows teachers and other staff to focus on sheltering or evacuating students.
In addition, because SAFEBOLT™ is designed to mount directly above the door handle, responsible persons remain standing during deployment allowing them to maintain clear vision of any situation.
INSTALLS OVER EXISTING CYLINDRICAL LEVER LOCKS
SAFEBOLT™ mounts directly over existing cylindrical locksets and is an affordable alternative to replacing the entire door locking system.
OUTSIDE KEYED ENTRY
Using a standard or high security rim cylinder, staff and first responders can always enter by key with no special tools or procedures necessary. When SAFEBOLT™ is used, no one is ever locked inside a classroom or office.
SUPERIOR INTRUDER PROTECTION
The full 1-inch throw stainless steal locking bolt and latch on SAFEBOLT™ classroom door barricade provides maximum protection in the event of an emergency.
The bolt on the SAFEBOLT™ barricade lock retracts in a single motion when the door handle lever is turned from the inside of the room. SAFEBOLT™ complies with regulations set by the American with Disabilities Act and meets all applicable life-safety codes.
HIGH VISIBILITY DEPLOYMENT INDICATOR
From the inside of the room, the occupants can easily see when the SAFEBOLT™ classroom door lock is deployed. The lock indicator changes from a white unlocked image to a red locked image.
EASY TO INSTALL
SAFEBOLT™ classroom barricade locks are installed using basic tools and easy to follow instructions. In addition to step-by-step instructions, an installation video is available to view as well.