Both employers and employees would all agree that workplace safety is important. Unfortunately, some business owners may not have adequate resources or knowledge to upgrade security. Alternatively, they may neglect it. However, workplace security should not be ignored.
Efficient and cost-effective solutions are readily available, and every company can begin creating a secure workplace environment by upgrading their door security. In the following content, we discuss four reasons every workplace should invest in upgraded door security and explore a few first-rate, cost-effective security solutions.
The Benefits of Safe Work Environments
- 1. Safe Environments Protect Employees: Most importantly, safe environments save lives. Employees are a company’s most vital asset. Therefore, protecting the individuals working for you in your designated space should be a top priority for employers.
- 2. Safe Environments Are Attractive: When prospective employees tour a workplace facility, observing upgraded security measures is reassuring and attractive. According to a survey conducted by the American Psychological Organization, nearly 90% of employees are more likely to recommend their workplace as a good environment when employee well-being is addressed.
- 3. Safe Environments Are Productive: When employees feel safe and secure in their workplace, all energy can be devoted entirely to efficient engagement in tasks. One insightful Forbes’ contributor wrote that fully-engaged teams are highly profitable. Employees who feel safe at their jobs dedicate energy to passion and purpose in the workplace.
- 4. Safe Environments Retain Employees: A safe, productive environment drastically reduces absenteeism. Secure spaces reduce stress, resulting in productive, positive workspaces that are enjoyable and healthy. Attracting and retaining great employees is crucial for a business’s health both locally and globally. Locally, because retaining employees is dramatically more cost-effective than hiring outside talent; globally, because today’s marketplace is hyper-competitive.
Security Tips for the Workplace
A safe work environment is fostered when exterior protections and interior protocol work hand-in-hand. The following tips help business owners and workplace security managers consider some of the most critical components of interior safety.
- 1. Do Not Allow Access Control Exceptions
Once workplace security guidelines have been established, do not allow for exceptions. Strictly followed guidelines help comprehensively manage security. If an exception must be made, the circumstance should be traceable, following proper protocol. Additionally, access controls should be reviewed consistently to avoid a workplace security compromise. Especially when employees are hired and fired, proper access to the workplace can be mistakenly left in the wrong hands.
- 2. Do Not Take Employee Knowledge for Granted
Do not assume that every employee is familiar with workplace safety standards, security procedures, or emergency plans. Consider establishing a regular training schedule to ensure consistent, up-to-date knowledge among all staff members!
“It’s crucial that employees understand the emergency protocols that you’ve put in place for your business and know what to do in case of an incident,” one identity management platform suggests. “Once is not enough, however. Schedule regular drills and refresher courses to ensure your employees are getting the most up-to-date information and are making it a part of their second nature.”
- 3. Make Sure Your Office is Structured Safety
The structure of your environment plays a significant role in workplace security! For example, emergency exits should be labeled clearly, fire extinguishers should be accessible, and smoke alarms should function properly. Perform regular audits to ensure the entire work environment is safe.
Upgrade Your Door Security with School Safety Solution
School Safety Solution exists to save lives. Built by educators who understand the importance of a safe, secure environment, SSS provides unique barricade solutions, perfect for the workplace environment.
- The TeacherLock is a cost-effective emergency door lock that meets all life safety and ADA codes. Simple to install and use, a designated individual with an activator can deploy the barricade within seconds. Emergency personal can access the door from the outside.
- SafeBolt, a barricade lock, was designed with simplicity and effective safety in mind. The heavy stainless-steel locking bolt is securely deployed in under a second with one push of a button. Furthermore, one turn of the door handle immediately retracts the bolt from the inside. Finally, a deployment indicator clearly notifies occupants that the door is locked.
Both systems are built to save lives. Both are easy to install, cost-effective, and applicable for any door. Safety is of utmost importance in the workplace and upgrading your door security is the first step.
If you want to secure your workplace but are unsure where to begin, contact us today! We look forward to answering your questions!